I am a professional wildlife photojournalist and expedition leader that specialises in coverage of some of the world’s most remote and isolated places.
My work has been published in numerous different publications, websites, information and interpretive centres, newspapers and marketing material internationally. I am a freelance contributor to Australian, Ocean and Asian Geographic journals and I have recently started to work with the journal of the Royal Geographical Society.
My business currently maintains a stock image library of over 3,000 images from some of the most beautiful and unseen corners of the world. In 2015 I became an international contributing photographer to the WWF for their Snow Leopard Conservation Program.
Each year I travel to between 12 and 16 countries to lead and co-lead expeditions or cover stories for travel and conservation. From one month to the next I could be driving across the Kalahari or leading clients over frozen icy rivers in the Himalayas. I am an experienced seabird guide in the Southern Ocean and a former seasonal worker in Antarctica.
My skills are broad and include the ability to operate satellite communications, marine and two way radios. I am a professional driver of vehicles and small boats and I have extensive logistical knowledge for expeditions, particularly those taking place in remote areas.
I am currently a field advisor on the Wild Born Project for a photographer who will be travelling with the Nenet across the Yamal Peninsula during the Arctic winter of 2016.
I was the first female photographer to ever work professionally on Heard Island in Antarctica and the first female photographer in the world to capture a full wild snow leopard hunt in images.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS)
- Fellow International of the Explorer’s Club (FIEC)
- Board Member of the Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association (SOSSA) Inc, the longest continual study of the Wandering Albatross at sea in the world, since 2003.
- Field Advisor to the Wild Born Project
- Guardian for the Important Bird Area (IBA) of Heard and McDonald Islands through Birdlife International.
- International Campaign Photographer for the Trans-Himalayan Snow Leopard Conservation program at WWF
- Campaign photographer for SOSSA
- Campaign photographer for the Brush-tailed Rock Wallaby Conservation project with Parks Victoria in Australia (Past)
- Member of the Royal Photographical Society (MRPS)
- Member of the Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (ANARE) Club
- Team Member of Beyond The Smile Women’s Literacy Program in the Solukhumbu region of Nepal
- Eco-Tourism columnist at Australian Traveller (Past)